Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Imagine This

"Abraham was now old and well advanced in years, and the Lord had blessed him in every way."

Imagine having the Lord bless you in every way. God didn't just bless Abraham in his family or in his work. He blessed Abraham in everything. Why? In my study of Genesis, the only reason I can see for God blessing Abraham, was Abraham's obedience to the call of God on his life.

As I was thinking about this, my first thought was, "Man I wish God blessed me like this!" But as I sit here typing, a verse came to my mind. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places," Ephesians 1:3. I am blessed like Abraham. I just choose not to acknowledge it.

God,
Help me to acknowledge all the wonderful blessings You have given me. Help me to rest in all You have done for me.
Love,
Your daughter,
jessi

No comments: